Digital Print Assistant (25 hrs per week)
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021
Rate of pay: £8.50 per hour
Cerberus Kickstart placement
Cerberus is an independent print and design company based in Kirkby Stephen. We’re delighted to be able to offer a 6 month, placement under the Government’s Kickstart Scheme.
Cerberus opened its doors over 30 years ago, and produces high quality print and design. The main focus is high quality products, using a friendly and personal approach.
We produce a diverse range of print from corporate stationery and advertising material to fine art prints and wedding invitations.
Based in our busy print studio, the role will involve learning the digital print process to produce high quality products. Our emphasis is on sustainable print production and we’d like the applicant to have an interest in environmentally responsible processes. The job will be multi-disciplined and includes both manual and IT based work. Full training will be given.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about producing a high quality product in a sustainable way. We’d love to find someone who can bring new ideas and help us achieve our goals.
- Have pride in the studio, organising stock and outgoing products
- Manage workflow through our two digital presses
- Print finishing. This includes tasks such as making booklets, punching and binding calendars, trimming and scoring greeting cards
- Research and help source sustainable products for the business
- Examine colour, image and overall quality
- Provide copying and binding services to customers visiting the studio
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- An interest in environmentally responsible processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines and targets
- Quality conscious and efficient
- Good at working with IT systems
- Friendly and customer focused
- Organised and tidy
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor):
We have signed up for employability training to be supplied via Cumbria Chambers recommended provider.
On the job training will also be given on a wide range of tasks with regular reviews and feedback. The mentor throughout the placement will be business director, Tom Burnham.
Hours of work
25 hrs per week. Hours can be flexible, but will fall within our opening hours of 9am to 5pm.
£8.50 per hour
Eligibility and how to apply
To be eligible for a Kickstart placement, you must be aged between 16 – 24 and be claiming Universal Credit.
Whilst applications must be made via your local Job Centre, we are welcoming questions and the registering of an interest in the role. That way we can update applicants on progress. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or phone 017683 72070
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th April 2021.